Join us for a summer of fun, friends, and the creative arts at CREATE’s inclusive Therapeutic Art Camp, CAMP CREATE!
CAMP CREATE! is an onsite summer camp designed for youth ages 8-12 years with minor to moderate behavioral, emotional and functioning differences who will benefit from extra attention and support. Campers who have anxiety, learning delays, minor behavioral concerns or social and emotional difficulties are welcome.
CAMP CREATE! is designed to teach campers everyday life skills, such as mindfulness techniques, flexible thinking habits, healthy expression of emotions, improved social interactions, and positive self-image through artistic expression.
We strive to create a camp environment where your child is understood and properly supported by our art therapists and teaching artists. We want your child to be happy at pick-up time, telling you “I had a great day today!”
WHEN: Monday-Friday, July 11-15 and July 18-22
CAMP HOURS: 9:00am-3:00pm. Campers are strongly encouraged to attend both weeks.
This is an onsite camp and all campers will be required to follow County and State COVID safety guidelines, including wearing masks.
CAMP CREATE! will support children who:
- Struggle with transitions, anxiety, impulsivity
- Have low frustration tolerance
- Misread social cues such as body language or voice inflections
- Are shy or socially awkward
- Misunderstand when it is necessary to give up control and compromise
- Have difficulty initiating and/or sustaining conversation or play
We strive to help campers in areas of:
- Social behavior
- Emotional Regulation
- Frustration Tolerance
- Problem-solving skills
Our program is not able to support children who:
- Demonstrate significant self-regulation challenges, such as extreme physical or verbal aggression, uncontrolled tantrums or a tendency to run away
- Are not toilet trained
- Are non-verbal
APPLY TODAY: Please note that potential campers will be subject to a one-time screening to ensure that CAMP CREATE! is appropriate to meet their needs.
- Step 1: Is CAMP CREATE! right for your child? Send an email to email@example.com with your child’s name, age, grade, diagnosis (if applicable) and any questions or concerns you have. Our Art Therapy program manager, Lisa Pascal, will respond promptly to your inquiry.
- Step 2: The art therapy program manager will contact you to hear more about your camper and send you a registration packet. After receiving a completed packet, you will be contacted to schedule a virtual or in-person interview (the child must be present for part of the interview).
- Step 3: Following the interview and paying the registration fee, your child will be enrolled in camp.
COST: $475 per week (includes one-time screening)
Questions? Please contact Lisa Pascal, Art Therapy Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Typical Day at CAMP CREATE!
Each day will include multiple creative art experiences with breaks for music and movement, games, and drama play. A range of materials and techniques will be incorporated into the camp experience to providevariety and allow for exploration. Sample materials include clay, paint, pastels, and recycled construction materials for sculpture.
- 9:00-9:30 (Transition into the space with a morning check-in)
- 9:30-10:30 (Art lesson/therapeutic art experience)
- 10:30-11:30 (music, games, and team-building activities)
- 11:30-12:15 (bagged lunch and free time)
- 12:15-12:45 (walk or mindful movement activity)
- 12:45-1:00 (storytime or guided visualization)
- 1:00-1:30 (response art)
- 1:30-2:00 (sharing time and review of the day)
- 2:00-2:30 (open studio time)
- 2:30-3:00 (drama play or group game and pack up)
*At the end of the last day, there will be an art show that parents are welcome to attend*
- CREATE reserves the right to use copies of artwork and photos taken during any camp, class, or workshop.
- Camps must be paid in full at the time of registration to guarantee a spot.
- Should CREATE cancel a program, all fees will be refunded (see Enrollment, Transfer, and Refund Policies section below).
- ALLERGIES: Our camps are nut-free. Please do not pack any food with nuts or nut products in your child’s lunch or snack.
- Also due to allergy concerns, children may not share food. This includes siblings.
- Campers should bring a refillable water bottle and non-perishable lunch.
- No soda, energy drinks, candy, gum, or lollipops.
- No toy weapons (such as cap guns, water guns, etc.), handheld video game devices, or iPods. If you send your child with a phone, it must be kept in his or her backpack during the camp day.
Enrollment, Transfer, and Refund Policies
- Camps must be paid in full at the time of registration.
- Should you need to cancel a camp registration, contact Art Therapy Program Manager, Lisa Pascal at email@example.com, and please note our cancellation/refund policies:
- Cancellations requested by May 1, 2022 will receive a full refund minus a $50 administrative fee.
- There are no refunds for cancellations requested after May 1, 2022.
- If space is available, you may request a transfer to a different summer camp session. Transfers will be at the discretion of CREATE Arts Center staff. Multiple transfer requests will be assessed a $50 administrative fee per request. Please contact Art Therapy program manager, Lisa Pascal at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a transfer.