Celebrate your birthday creatively with an art party at CREATE!
Art parties are fun for children of all ages, from toddlers to teens, and adults too! Our projects can be scaled up or down for all levels of experience. Our staff will work with you to plan your ideal birthday art party from start to finish.
Check out some of our most popular CREATE birthday party projects below! If you would like to customize an art project, CREATE is happy to work with you to design the perfect project for your birthday child. While we are now hosting ONSITE birthday parties, please contact us if you would like to discuss a virtual/online art party.
CREATE Art Center will host a 1.5-hour party at 914 Silver Spring Avenue, Silver Spring, to include an art party activity and time to celebrate as guests sing Happy Birthday, eat cake and open presents.
Our parties include:
- A 90-minute art party
- An age appropriate art activity and all necessary materials (see sample party projects below)
- One teaching artist (an additional teaching artist will be required for parties with more than 10 participants)
- Utensils and tablecloth
- Set up and Clean up
- Invitation template and directions to CREATE
- The event will consist of a 1.5-hour block of time for the party, plus 30 minutes to set up prior to the party, and 30 minutes to clean up at the end.
- The base cost is $325 for up to 10 children/participants
- There is a $20 cost for each additional child/particpant, up to a total of 16 children/participants
- Parents are responsible for bringing:
- Plates, cups, and napkins
- Cake and snacks
- Goody bags
- A $100.00 non-refundable deposit (credit card or check) is required 30 days in advance of the party to hold your reservation. The deposit will go towards your final bill, payable by credit card or check. Final payment is due the day of the party.
NOTE: All party participants will be expected to behave in a manner that is safe and respectful the CREATE teaching artist, CREATE's art space, and to other people.
Sample Birthday Party Project Ideas
Check out some of our most popular CREATE birthday party projects below! If you would like to a customize an art project, CREATE is happy to work with you to design the perfect project for your birthday boy or girl.
Make your winter wonderland come alive with this 3-D project using colored paper, pencil, scissors and glue! Not a big fan of the cold? Make it a spring, summer, or fall landscape!
Winter Bear Art
For animal lovers only! CREATE an amazing watercolor painting without the watercolor! Using washable markers, thick paper, a brush and cup of water, we'll teach you how to create a watercolor-style piece of animal art. Love painting with watercolors? Terrified of bears? This project can be easily customized to be done with regular watercolor paint sets, and with a variety of favorite animals.
Textile Magic Wall Hanging
Fabric + Sharpies + Rubbing Alcohol = Textile Magic! CREATE colorful swirls and tie-dye effects using fabric, sharpies, and rubbing alcohol as you craft textile art that will look amazing on your wall.
Irresistible Animal Resist Portraits
Oil and water don't mix, but they make amazing art! Using oil pastels and watercolor paints, CREATE colorful resist portraits of your favorite animals.
Metallic Mixed Media Art
Foil + sharpies (and a little yarn and glue) = Metallic Magic! Play with patterns and styles to create a multicolored masterpiece with a three-dimensional pop! This project can be easily customized to make knight shields for a medieval twist.
Magical Unicorn Art
For unicorn lovers only! CREATE an amazing painting on paper or canvas board ($2 per person extra for canvas option) of the world's most magical animal! A little sparkle and bling will add the finishing touch to this whimsical and creative painting.