Over the past 12 months, CREATE has worked hard to respond and serve the needs of our community! Our impact can been seen in many ways.
Through our Art Therapy and Mental Health Services, we have:
- Provided mental health support to 220 youth and adults living with mental health challenges, developmental disabilities and autism.
- 108 smARTkids program students developed emotional tools for healthy expression of emotions and strengthened academic and peer skills in our free afterschool program.
- Launched Camp CREATE! pilot therapeutic summer camp for kids 8-12 who need a more supported art camp experience.
Working throughout the wider DC Metro Area, we have:
- Run afterschool Art Clubs at 12 local schools.
- Created 14 new partnerships including Montgomery County Public Schools, EveryMind/Linkages to Learning, YMCA, Shepherd’s Table, A Wider Circle and more.
- Launched Youth Development Art Classes for MS and HS students to build a sense of self, belonging, and a toolbox of healthy solutions to cope with stress, anxiety and depression.
Over the past 12 months, our three spacious and light-filled on-site art studios have hosted: