Volunteer positions at CREATE are available for adults and high school students aged 15 and up. All interested candidates should first reach out to us at email@example.com. All potential volunteers will need to complete an interview and orientation, and volunteers ages 18 years and up are required to pass a fingerprint screening and background check.
Volunteers at CREATE assist with a wide variety of tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Summer and No School Day Camp assistance:
- Assist teaching artists with set up and clean up
- Help campers with artwork
- Gather and pass out supplies, organize art materials
- Supervise lunch, picnics, and outdoor recreation
- Organize fun games during breaks and recess
- Lead arts and crafts activities during After Care (3:00-6:00 pm)
- Saturday morning and weeknight art class volunteers:
- Assist with student sign in and dismissal
- Assist teaching artist with classroom set up and clean up
- Keep an eye on the classroom if the teaching artist needs to step out
- Community event volunteers (on-site events include CREATE’s annual Halloween Art Spooktacular; off-site includes Takoma Park Street Festival and other local fairs):
- Assist with tent/table/booth set up and clean up
- Facilitate art projects for children and families
- Hand out CREATE materials to event attendees
CREATE Arts Center is an MCPS-approved organization for Student Service Learning (SSL) hours. Teen volunteers are eligible to receive one SSL hour for each hour of volunteering.
Interns can be high school, undergraduate, and graduate-level students who have an interest in art education or art therapy, and can receive class credit for the work they do at CREATE.
Other Ways to Get Involved
CREATE Arts Center is grateful for its many volunteers, partners, and financial supporters. Other ways to connect with and contribute to CREATE include:
If you are interested in volunteering or have volunteer-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in CREATE!