General Program Policies
- CREATE reserves the right to use copies of artwork and photos taken during any camp, class, or workshop.
- Payment is required to guarantee a spot in a camp, class, or workshop.
- Should CREATE cancel a program, all fees will be refunded.
- ALLERGIES: Our camps are nut-free. Please do not pack any food with nuts or nut products in your child’s lunch or snack.
- Also due to allergy concerns, children may not share food. This includes siblings.
- Campers should bring a bottle of water, non-perishable lunch, and afternoon snack (if staying for After Care).
- No soda, energy drinks, candy, gum, or lollipops.
- No toy weapons (cap guns, water guns, etc.), handheld video game devices, or iPods. If you send your child with a phone, it must be kept in his or her backpack during the camp day.
- Please let us know about any health concerns or medications your child is taking.
- During warm weather months, when the weather is nice, we will walk off-site to Bullis Park with our campers for recess (which is located several blocks away from CREATE). We recommend appropriate footwear (closed-toed shoes) and sunscreen
- After Care: There is an additional fee of $1/minute for any child picked up after 6:00 PM.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if CREATE cancels a program?
If we do not reach our minimum enrollment for a program, we will either cancel the program or postpone the start date. We will notify you with any changes as soon as we make the decision.
What are your policies if I need to cancel my registration for a program?
Cancellation and refund policies vary, depending on program. The cancellation policy for No School Day Art Camps (including Winter Break Art Camp and Spring Break Art Camp) can be viewed here, at the bottom of the page. The policy for children’s art classes can be viewed here, at the bottom of the page. The policy for adult workshops and classes can be viewed here, at the bottom of the page. Summer camp cancellation and refund policies can be viewed here.
If I signed up for Before or After Care and didn’t use it, can I get a refund?
CREATE does not offer refunds for extended day payments that have not been used.
If there is inclement weather, how will I know if a program is running?
If CREATE cancels a program due to inclement weather, we will post notifications on our website & on facebook up to 1 hour before the program is scheduled to begin. We will follow up with details about a makeup class and refunds.
On our website, these notifications will be posted on the scrolling red “ticker” AND as the first item in the NEWS section of our site. On a desktop computer, these are both located on the top right side of our website. On a mobile device, scroll down past our Program buttons (under CREATE In Our Community) and you’ll see our NEWS items.
I won a gift certificate to CREATE. How do I use it?
Congratulations! Please call or email us to activate the coupon code BEFORE you register for a program. You must register, apply your gift certificate code, and pay your balance by the expiration date on your certificate. Gift certificates may be used toward art classes, multi-day workshops, a FULL week of art camp, and birthday parties. May not be used for No School Day Art Camps, single-day art workshops, or any off-site programs. Other exclusions apply. For more details and any questions, please email or call us at 301-588-2787.